Loss

I just wanted to continue and say this gets me teary eyed to type out.


Going off my first post, its taken me a few weeks to come back and describe what happened.

It was April 28th, 2016 at 10:30 in the morning. I was out to brunch with a close friend. I had just dropped Gianna off at daycare. Before our food was even to the table I had checked my phone and saw there was a voicemail. It was my daughters grandmother (her fathers mother). My heart sunk. We hadnt spoken in a while So at that point I already had a lot of feelings. I listened to the voicemail, Her telling me to call her back. I did within 5 seconds. Thats when she told me hes gone. Hes dead. Nothing else at that point because we didnt know. I left lunch. I picked up, barely able to drive because I could barely stop crying. I started on my way driving to North jersey. I called my grandma, my friends. I was scared. It did not feel real at all. Prior to that day I hadnt seen his family in a while. We met at his grandmothers house. His sister. His parents. We were all crying. I could not believe this was happening. At the time it felt like my world had crashed down and I still didnt even know what was going on.

It was later discovered that he overdosed. Its a huge epidemic here in New Jersey, and since losing her father ive watched TONS of friends lose close loved ones. Its scary.

This is to be continued. Flashing back to a time of my life I try to block out is emotional, and Im sure it will always be. But im just not ready to share it all just yet.

Comments

Popular Posts